Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Recommended Summer Reading

Tom Raworth: Collected Poems

page 101: rather than melt the ice passes through my hand

**

Catherine Lupton: Chris Marker: Memories of the Future

page 217: spends much of his time taping television broadcasts,
writing the audio-visual archives of the future

**

Barrett Watten: 1 – 10

page 32: the train ceaselessly reinvents the station

**

Dodie Bellamy: Pink Steam

page 86

sliding flesh is so much
softer than
pistons

**

Sophie Calle: Exquisite Pain

page 84: Could you immerse yourself in water your parents had been soaking in?

page 112: The first person I asked where I could find some blind people pointed me to
the Takadanobaba subway station

**

Gilbert White: Journals of Gilbert White

page 114: June 12. Drones abound round the mouth of the hive
that is expected to swarm. Sheep are shorn.

**

Suehiro Maruo: Ultra Gash Inferno

page 214: Before my husband gets home, I will hide as a stain on the floor